Getting ready to date after a divorce or major breakup is not only potentially nerve-wrecking, but perhaps also exciting as well. After all, who knows what new possibilities you’re going to create in your life? You deserve to not only find Mr. Right, but also, to enjoy the process of dating. It may seem daunting at first (depending on your dating experience before, and also the nature of online dating now).
In this 20-minute interview, I share the exact steps on how to get started on your dating journey, especially after a divorce or breakup. You will learn:
+ Mistakes women make when dating again, especially after the ending of a major relationship
+ What the ‘Ex Files’ are, and how to close them so you can be ready for True Love
+ The importance of Self Love when you begin dating
+ How to begin dating again with confidence and a positive mindset
Here are some things to consider to get yourself started after a divorce or breakup:
1) Before getting into dating, it’s important to be mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually prepared. Have you spent enough time truly loving yourself and developing self-love rituals and habits? It may sound too “Eat, Pray, Love”-like, but in my experience, it’s important to create a strong foundation within yourself – one that’s already happy and strong.
Also, have you been able to heal from your last relationship, release baggage and cut energetic cords with your ex, so that you can begin a new relationship, afresh (a process I call ‘Closing Your Ex Files‘)? Do you have a somewhat amicable relationship with your ex? Have you learned what you needed to from the relationship? If you have children, do they feel loved and supported? Or do you still have loose ends to address which could negatively affect your dating experience?
If you still have unresolved issues or feel angry or bitter, it’s important that you work with a therapist, life/dating coach or healer – someone you trust to support you until you feel ready. Through my online courses and coaching, I’ve seen many women thrive after doing this hard but necessary work on themselves.
Getting to a place of self-love and creating a healthy relationship with yourself is first and foremost before you begin dating.
2) Spend some time reading up on how to date and connecting with other women who are in your shoes to feel supported. There are many books, online resources like First Date Stories and coaching programs (online, or in person in your city) you can join to get to know the dating landscape better. Meet other women who are dating so you can go to events with them and support each other.
3) Get out there and start meeting people! Whether it’s in a community service setting, at a singles event, or even online, it’s perfectly fine to get your feet wet, and go at a pace that you feel comfortable with. Make sure you create a dating profile that truly represents your whole Goddess self, and set up healthy dating habits.
Most of all, remember that you are an incredibly beautiful, kind, loving woman – any man would be lucky to be with you. As a newly single woman, you have the opportunity to date and meet many men. If you feel the pressure to find a mate soon, just know that it’s ok to take your time, to treat dating like a self-discovery journey, and date as many men as you would like to before committing to anyone. Feel empowered and have fun!
What types of men are you attracting? Take the free Love Magnet Quiz and get your personalized Love Assessment.
Is it time you partnered with a Love & Relationship expert to take control of your life? Apply for a complimentary discovery session with Sarika Jain to discover how you can:
- Practice Self Love
- Release your spiritual blocks and increase your vibration & magnetism
- Date and attract your soulmate in a healthy, joyful way